Saturday, December 6, 2008

Saturday update

The Rectilinear Research XIs just left. On final listen, they were as good as I thought. It amazes me how good conventional paper cone tweeters can sound when they're engineered properly (see JBL, Altec, KLH etc.), losing almost nothing to silk or titanium domes or even more exotic variations.
I will be refoaming the Merak M4 woofers today. I thought they were fine, but when I put low tack masking tape around them so I could refinish the cabinets, the foams came off with the tape! I was actually relieved, because in my heart of hearts I knew that speakers of their age couldn't be ok, even if they looked it. These speakers will be ready to hear tonight.They won't be available for sale because they're going to Montreal to conclude the trade that brought me the fabulous ADS L620s. Please e-mail me to arrange a listen.

No comments: