Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Prodigal Speakers Return!

It's been a while since I've heard them, but it's a pleasure to have the Pioneer HPM-100s back in the house. They have moved three times since I last had them. The first owner replaced all capacitors in the crossovers, which smoothed out the high end and reduced their tendency to become fatiguing over long listening sessions. He also replaced the cheap connectors with premium five way binding posts. I had them back briefly after the modifications, and loved the improvements. The next owner loved them at my place, but found them overwhelming in his space. The last owner really wanted a pair of Klipsch Hereseys and is much happier now. The HPMs are one of the most full range, authoritative and accurate speakers I've had. They give my amazing Coral CX-77s a serious run for their money.I am thrilled to have the chance to enjoy them a bit more.
e-mail me

No comments: