Friday, January 22, 2010

GAS Son Of Ampzilla

This is one of the best sounding amplifiers I've heard in my home: clean, clear, powerful and transparent in the best sense.

I was using Son of Ampzilla with the preamp that was part of the Technics mini component system and it sounded quite nice, but the Technics gear didn't stay here very long. The idea of using the preamp section of a receiver or integrated amp doesn't appeal to my sense of minimalism (there's another power amp just sitting idle). For most of the week I was simply plugging my DAC into the amps inputs, and controlling the volume from my computer. I found a NAD 1020 preamp that I have pressed into service, and It's sounding really good. I been able to really check out the performance of Son of Ampzilla with vinyl, and I love it.

Email me.

No comments: