Monday, August 22, 2011

Catching up.

I'm sorry that it's been a week between posts. I was in Algonquin Park most of last week, and caught up on my day job over the weekend. It was fantastic to be completely unreachable for a few days, and I feel like a new person.

I finished refinishing a pair of vintage 1960s Wharfedales yesterday. I usually strip or sand and reoil the cabinets, but the person I did these for has a young child, and wanted the wood more protected, so I used urethane for my first time, and the result was excellent. The speakers are huge, heavy and vey rich sounding. I'm sorry I can't show you pictures, but the rain kept threatening yesterday, and the speakers were too big to shoot well inside. Trust me, they're beautiful.

I'm continuing to enjoy the Sansui AU-777 with a variety of speakers, and have been less motivated than usual to seek out new stuff, but I know this won't last long.

No comments: